The Ten Commandments of Ezboard

An archive of old posts that were in forums that no longer exist.
DEATHAMSTER

24 Oct 2001, 16:55 #1

10. Thou shalt not call someone a "retard", but "commie", "bastard", "ass", "bitch", "trash", and "ho" are perfectly acceptable.
9. Thou shalt worship GameFAQs and the bandwidth it uses.
8. Thou shalt not put a picture of a small ribbon in thy signature, but pictures that are so large that they cause people to have to Tab 50 times to read the post are perfectly acceptable.
7. Thou shalt not have a site run by multiple-admins. If thou hast a site with multiple-admins, thou shalt be accused of forming "conspiracies" and brought before the federal government to be tried for treason.

6. Thou shalt get upset if someone gets picked on, unless thy name be Gaimeguy. Picking on Gaimeguy is perfectly acceptable.
5. Thou shalt scream at groups of young teenage boys because thou dost not "fit in", even if thou never made any real indication to those groups that thou felt that way.
4. Thou shalt ostracize anyone who doth not use AIM.
3. Thou shalt blame BJ for all thy personal problems.
2. Thou shalt not know how to take a joke.
And the Number 1 Commandment of Ezboard is.....

1. Thou shalt live by the Code of the Buddy Bears:
"Oh, we are the Buddy Bears
We always get along
We do a little dance
And we sing a little song
If you ever disagree, then it means that you are WRONG!
Oh, we are the Buddy Bears, we always get along"

These Commandments brought to you by:
Pokerat Products, Inc.
At Pokerat, we've been bringing you posts that piss people off since 1997.
Pokerat Products, Inc.
69 Yo'ass Lane
Bite, ME 66666

DOVEBLOB

24 Oct 2001, 22:28 #2

>_

DEATHAMSTER

24 Oct 2001, 23:03 #3

What? I have to be me! >:)

01 Nov 2001, 18:37 #4

Somehow I feel that this applies to a particular board... o_0
spooky.... LMMFAO
-----------------------------------
Lux Verum
For the absolute best in hassle free emulationthat will end your searching for roms, visit...
No Bull Emulation!!

DEATHAMSTER

17 Jun 2010, 15:18 #5

Wonder why I didn't just say it? Maybe because everybody already knew...
8. Thou shalt not put a picture of a small ribbon in thy signature, but
pictures that are so large that they cause people to have to Tab 50
times to read the post are perfectly acceptable.
Crawl and I once trolled the BFMA for complaining about Game Pond signatures. The problem is that it seemed like some of the Game Pond members took that as meaning it was okay to have entire websites in your signature on a regular basis.

James FP

17 Jun 2010, 16:56 #6

Crawl and I once trolled the BFMA for complaining about Game Pond
signatures. 
Also, the BFMA had no right to be complaining about the Game Pond members' signatures because it was people from the BFMA who generally had the worst ones. There were complaints early on about TermiteJr's signature images being "taller than the screen" - SHOCK! A BFMA guy.
Those humongous signatures have caused me so much woe in archiving stuff from that board that when I found posts from the worst offenders complaining when their signatures were turned off, I wanted to line them up before a firing squad.
That's why I find it so funny when people tell me things like "James is rewriting history by saying so much negative stuff about the Game Pond". They probably haven't gone back and actually read the posts and seen the truth like I have. My hatred for that place is now tenfold what it was back then, because back then I also refused to see the truth.

Flying Omelette

17 Jun 2010, 17:43 #7

Well, the people at the Bugforest Board who were complaining weren't just complaining about signature images. They were complaining about message boards having any images at all. I remember reading posts where they'd say things like, "It's called the 'Information Superhighway' for a reason! Keep it all text to keep the information flowing!" Note: Nobody calls it the "Information Superhighway" anymore.
And another issue with them is exactly what I said at ShnooWorld earlier - those complaints were only a few in a long string of complaints they had about us. It seems to me like they should have decided early on that the Game Pond was not their kind of place and ignored it. But instead, they kept poking that sleeping dog with a sharpened stick, and then acted all surprised when someone finally bit back.
The stupidest thing about the giant images in the signatures (I had to turn off several because they put entire comic strips in their signatures that scrolled way over both vertically and horizontally) is that the Game Pond had an entire forum for Posting Pictures. If you love a comic strip enough to want to share it with everyone, you could have just posted it there. And *SURPRISE!!* you could even post more than ONE! There's no need for people to have to look at the same comic every time you make a post. 

Crawl and 1OOO

17 Jun 2010, 20:26 #8

If someone seriously wanted an image-free web browsing experience, they could always use Lynx.  Failing that, most browsers allow you to not display images.
My score grows ever longer, and the day when it will all have to be totted up, like a longtime drunkard’s bill in an alehouse, draws ever nearer. How will I ever pay?

Crawl and 1OOO

17 Jun 2010, 20:27 #9

Was it really the Bugforest board where we used the giant signatures?  For some reason I thought that was a "random" board whose name I probably wouldn't be able to remember now.
My score grows ever longer, and the day when it will all have to be totted up, like a longtime drunkard’s bill in an alehouse, draws ever nearer. How will I ever pay?

Flying Omelette

17 Jun 2010, 23:39 #10

We may have pranked another board at some point in our ezboard history with annoying signatures, but it was definitely the BFMA where people were complaining about the signature images (and images on the Game Pond in general) and we definitely created some signatures with dozens of images in them to troll them for complaining.