Link to the past review

An archive of old posts that were in forums that no longer exist.
braveauron

03 Sep 2005, 18:36 #1

There was an era of video gaming,where the greatest video games were created.This year was the year of the famed....SNES.
Having had the most classic games,the SNES was one of video games biggest hits and sold millons of copys.

And one game for it stood above all
This was,a Link to the past,a Zelda game.
It put you in the shoes of Link.You needed to stop a wizard named Agrabam from awakening Ganon,the prince of darkness.(sweet
Image )
To do so,you had to find the pendants of the sages,so you can pull the Master Sword from its pedastuel.
After you do this,Agrabam kidnappes Zelda,the girl you save at the begining of the game,and sacrifices her along with 8 other maidens.
You quickly kill Agrabam,but the something weird happens,your transported to the Dark world.
So you must rescue the maidens from the Darkworld.You can use a magic miror to go from the normal world to the dark world,which can help you get to places.
NOW THE REVIEW!
Gameplay:the slew of items from sword to ice rod to hammer makes room for alot of puzzles,and there are killer boss fights and enemy battles.
Sound:Effects are good,but I personaly got sick of the music,which is werid since I love Zelda music
Story:Really good story,that is for sure,but NPCs can say some stupid stuff.
Graphics:Amazing for its time
Playablity:Easy to pick up.
Entertainment:Fun,but if you get stuck...then it sucks
For girls as well?:I think they would like it,if they like being Link
Will you ever touch it again?:I doubt you will restart it after you beat it.
Final score:9.25/10

Rushifell

03 Oct 2005, 20:08 #2

It's Agahnim not Agrabam.R U $ h 1 F 3 ||
R U $ h 1 F 3 ||

CLOUDBOND007

03 Oct 2005, 22:25 #3

Quote:
I doubt you will restart it after you beat it.
I doubt you are correct. Image
CB007's Game Review ArchiveCurrently playing:
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Yars' Revenge (Atari 2600)Last game completed: Wario Ware: Touched (DS)[/b]

SnuggleJammies

18 Oct 2005, 16:32 #4

I thought this review was a joke because of that Agrabam thing. It reminded me of Lisker's fake NES page in which he said the NES was invented by the Red Chinaman, Shigeyo Miyomo, or something like that.www.flyingomelette.com

Flying Omelette

06 Apr 2007, 13:33 #5

Quote:
I thought this review was a joke because of that Agrabam thing. It reminded me of Lisker's fake NES page in which he said the NES was invented by the Red Chinaman, Shigeyo Miyomo, or something like that.
Ah, La NES Creche!
I had forgotten the site's URL and what it was called, so I didn't know how to find it for years. But someone posted it on NESPlayer's forums recently, so there it is.
ImageMy site - Flying Omelette's Kitchen
My ezboard - Port Saiid Forums
[hr]I sailed on the wings of time to be with you
I followed this dream of mine
And I'll see it through
It was a dream and a promise that I intend to keep
Right here within my soul so deep

Crawl and 1OOO

06 Apr 2007, 14:57 #6

Why do people say, "On with the review!" in the middle of a review?
And it's also great that you'd never play this game after finishing it, and several other complaints were made, too, yet the game somehow towers over all others.
My score grows ever longer, and the day when it will all have to be totted up, like a longtime drunkard’s bill in an alehouse, draws ever nearer. How will I ever pay?

SethraShnoo

10 Apr 2007, 16:20 #7

Quote:
Hello, good sir! It is me, antoine! Yes, I am from the lovely country of france adn reside in idaoho with my lovely manfriend, pierre! i enjoy in my free time when I am not busly making best site ever to do recreation in my women out of te workplace campaign.

That is the best NES site I've ever seen.ImageGot Shnoo?Proud Staff Member of Deathamster's Nest

Tyler Toastybread

29 Jul 2008, 01:57 #8

Oh man...That's the first I've seen this review. I hadn't been in this forum in a really long time.

I'm gonna archive that next. And I'm keeping it as "Agrabam". That's just too hilarious.

And LMAO @ La Nes Creche!!

Flying Omelette

31 Jul 2008, 00:00 #9

If you think that's funny look at that guy's profile...

CLOUDBOND007

31 Jul 2008, 00:54 #10

What's funny about it? I think death master would be proud to have a hard core gammer on his forum.