GRRRRRRRRRR!!

An archive of old posts that were in forums that no longer exist.

13 Oct 2000, 11:58 #1

This guy at work is really beginning to get on my nerves. I mentioned him once before. He banged on my desk and told me to "wake up" when I was in the middle of trying to think through a problem with a monthly billing that I do. Then he started singing "Wake up, Sleepyhead!" I slammed my hand down and said in a stern voice, "I am NOT sleeping!" I know it was meant as a joke, but he completely broke my train of thought and I didn't think it was very funny to accuse me of sleeping on the job in front of all my co-workers. Well, he did something similar again yesterday. I was looking over a lease to make sure everything was okay with it before sending it to the leasing company. While I'm doing this, he walks past my desk...but stops to bang on it very loudly several times with his pen. My mom says that when people do stuff like this, I have to just "go with the flow", "loosen up", and "joke along with it". I'm sorry, but I fail to see what is so funny about this guy constantly doing disruptive and distracting things at my desk when I'm trying to do stuff that's important. And I also don't appreciate him giving me a reputation as a "sleepyhead". Rumors like that can spread like wildfire in the workplace! I really don't know what to do..

DEVILRAYS

14 Oct 2000, 01:41 #2

I've said it before, and I'll say it once more - start looking for other jobs the first chance you get. It's obvious you're miserable where you work, and no one should have to deal with a job that makes them this miserable. K?DEVILRAYS Rad Stadium
Admin of: Raven's World Forums
Admin of: Video Gamer's Board
Admin of: Master Ghaleon's Video Game Forums
Admin of: Miss Sarajevo's Blue Room
Admin of: Goku's Planet of DBZ
Admin of: Kefka's Penthouse
ImageImageImageImage
I'm having a wonderful time but I'd rather be whistling in the dark.

God bless America, land that I
love; stand beside her and guide her through the night
with a light from above. From the mountains, to the
prairies, to the oceans white with foam; God bless
America, my home sweet home; God bless America, my home
sweet
home.

"We're
gonna kick the s#!t out of you, and your mom, and your
dad, and your girlfriend too!" OU hockey's
student
section

DEATHAMSTER

14 Oct 2000, 03:58 #3

That guy sounds like he's on crack.Image D E A T H A M S T E R Image

Kefkathe3rd

14 Oct 2000, 21:16 #4

Heh, you could walk up to him sometime and bang on his desk.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones... but whips and chains excite me."
"People will say that we're f***ed up, but then again, that's why we rock."

18 Oct 2000, 11:49 #5

If I do it, I'll probably get reprimanded.

Sofia the 3rd

16 Jun 2016, 02:57 #6

Some people in the workplace are always allowed to get away with things that others would be immediately disciplined for doing. At least that's been my experience.

Magnus Crowe

18 May 2017, 18:36 #7

That's how it's always been for me, too. I'd elaborate, but I don't want to get in trouble.